The following are requirements for using the Novell GroupWise source extractor:
- The Microsoft Windows NT Server computer performing the migration must have the Novell GroupWise client version 4.1x installed, and the Novell GroupWise client must be available in the path.
- The Novell GroupWise post office must not be accessed by Novell GroupWise clients, administrator programs, or other agents or gateways during migration.
- The Novell GroupWise account that is used to migrate data must have read and write permissions in the following mailbox areas of all mailboxes to be migrated:
- The Novell GroupWise account that is used to migrate data must have permission to access Private messages.
- You must run the Migration Wizard in the foreground and allow no user interaction with other applications during the Novell GroupWise extraction process. This is because when messages containing OLE objects are migrated, Novell GroupWise dialog boxes appear each time an OLE object is extracted. When the extraction process has finished and the import process has begun, this restriction no longer applies.
Note Each user must grant proxy access to the Novell GroupWise account that is used to perform the migration. For information on automating this task, see "Granting Proxy Access on Individual Novell GroupWise Mailboxes."