Extracting Information from Novell GroupWise
The Novell GroupWise source extractor copies the following information to migration files:
- E-mail and phone messages
- Calendaring information
Note Deferred messages are migrated as sent items.
The source extractor doesn't migrate the following information.
- Character formatting of data in Novell GroupWise message bodies such as fonts, and WordPerfect characters. However, information about positional formatting such as tabs, spacing, and new lines is retained.
- Mailboxes with visibility set to none.
- Novell GroupWise filters, rules, macros, and resources. Filters and rules can be recreated in Microsoft Outlook after migration.
- External gateway addresses, distribution lists, group addresses, and personal group addresses. Gateway addresses, distribution lists, and group addresses can be recreated in Microsoft Exchange Server. Users can recreate personal group addresses in Microsoft Outlook after migration.
- Security settings for messages. For example, confidential messages are migrated as normal messages. Messages marked as Private are also migrated as normal messages.
- Deleted, or archived messages.
Note The Novell GroupWise source extractor does not retain formatting for calendar items or accepted items in the user's Outbox such as appointment requests and task assignments.