Starting the KM Server
Once you have installed the KM server, you must start the KM server to enable and configure security for individual users and the site. The KM server must be running at all times.
- In Windows NT Control Panel, choose Services.
- Double-click the Microsoft Exchange Key Management Server.
- Under Log On As, select This Account.
- Select the Microsoft Exchange Service account, and choose OK. See the service account under Microsoft Exchange Directory service if you're not sure what it is.
- Place the disk with the password provided during Setup into the disk drive. The first time you start the KM server, the KM server password is password. If you did not copy the password to a disk during Setup, type the password Setup provided into the Startup Parameters box.
- Select Microsoft Exchange Key Manager, and then choose Start.
- If this is the first time you start the KM server, it is recommended that you change the advanced security administrator password as described in "Changing Your Advanced Security Administrator Password" later in this chapter.