Extracting Information from Digital ALL-IN-1
This section describes how to install the Digital ALL-IN-1 Source Extractor on a Digital ALL-IN-1 system.
You need the following software and hardware:
- Digital ALL-IN-1, version 2.3 or later (local language version). This source extractor runs within ALL-IN-1, which runs under the VMS (or OpenVMS) operating system. The source extractor supports VAX and Alpha platforms. Any version of VMS that is supported by ALL-IN-1 is supported (typically version 5.4 or greater). For more information about installing and running the source extractor for Alpha and VAX systems, read the README file included on the Microsoft Exchange Server CD in the \MIGRATE\TOOLS\HOST\ALL-IN-1 directory.
- Enough free disk space to create a migration account and build the intermediate migration files. These files require an amount of disk space roughly equal to the combined sizes of all documents to be migrated in a given session. These files could require hundreds of megabytes of disk space, depending on your system and users.
- The EX_MIGRATE account must have the XOWN (ALL-IN-1) privilege in order to execute the migration scripts and access the forms library.
Note that the tools can be used to migrate most customized Digital ALL-IN-1 systems unless standard Digital ALL-IN-1 functions have been altered.
Installing the Extractor
The source extractor is made up of ALL-IN-1 script files and forms. They can be found on the Microsoft Exchange Server CD in the \MIGRATE\TOOLS\HOST\ALL-IN-1 directory. The following procedure explains how to install the extractor:
- Create a Digital ALL-IN-1 account called EX_MIGRATE with a very high or no disk quota.
- Using SYS$SYSTEM:AUTHORIZE.EXE, give this account READALL and SYSPRIV privileges (both Authorized and Default) in addition to typical user privileges.
- In the ALL-IN-1 profile for EX_MIGRATE:
Copy all files from the Microsoft Exchange Server Migration Tools directory into the ALL-IN-1 directory of the EX_MIGRATE account (typically [EX_MIGRATE.A1] or [EX_MIGRATE.OA]). You can use any file transfer program to copy the files, as long as they are copied in text mode.
From the EX_MIGRATE ALL-IN-1 directory (at the $ prompt), type:
- Specify EDT as the default editor.
- Include EXFORMS as a default form library.
- Include EX_MENU as the initial form.
This command builds the EXFORMS forms library and renames files.
If there were errors, correct the condition suggested by the error message and retype the @EX_INST command.