Preparing for Migration
Preparing to migrate from MS Mail (AppleTalk) to Microsoft Exchange Server involves the following activities:
- Deciding whether to do a single-phase or multiphase migration.
- Updating client hardware if necessary to meet hardware requirements.
- Asking users to move their folders to the server with the information to be migrated.
- Setting up your Microsoft Exchange Server site. For information, see Microsoft Exchange Server Concepts and Planning and Microsoft Exchange Server Getting Started.
- Replacing MAPI and HAPI applications. MS Mail API applications and HyperCard stack applications made with the HyperCard Software Development Kit (SDK) don't function with Microsoft Exchange Server. You need to replace these applications.