Message Transfer Agent
The MTA delivers messages to a destination by moving them from one server to another. You can transfer and deliver messages between:
- Microsoft Exchange Server computers within a site.
- Microsoft Exchange Server computers in different sites.
- One Microsoft Exchange Server computer within an organization and another mail system.
Getting to the MTA property pages
- In the Administrator window, choose Configuration, choose Servers, and then select the server you want to configure.
- Double-click Message Transfer Agent.