

Article 34894 of comp.sys.mac:
From: [email-masked] (J. Collymore)
Subject: I need info on these SPECIFIC Hard Drives
Keywords: Mirror Tech., Jasmine, Ehman, Osicom, MicroNet, Shamrock, Optimal
Date: 12 May 89 19:10:15 GMT
Organization: AT&T CSEd/CET, Piscataway, N.J.

I am beginning to shop around for a new external hard drive for my Mac SE.
I know there has been a LOT of talk on the good, the bad and the ugly of several
brands of hard drives for the Mac recently.  And I have caught SOME of the
discussion, but now I need to get some specifics about specific drives.  If
you would be willing to share any of your insights on these drives (the good,
the bad, and the ugly), especially regarding where they can be bought for the
BEST prices, I'd appreciate it.

The drives I'm considering I want to get as EXTERNAL drives, and only in the
stated sizes (prices are as advertised in MacUser magazine):

Mirror Technologies  40Mb at $687, 60Mb at $757, 80Mb at $947

Jasmine:  40Mb at $699, 80Mb at $999

Ehman:  45(+)Mb at $529, 65Mb at $579, 85Mb at $679

Peripheral Land:  50Mb at $850

Osicom (if purchased through MacZone):  45Mb at $635, 60Mb at $745, 80Mb at $885

MicroNet (if purchased through "MacLand"):  45Mb at $569, 62Mb at $699

Shamrock:  47Mb at $585, 60Mb at $625, 80Mb at $695

Rodime: 60Mb at $829

Optimal:  40Mb at $649, 48Mb at $599, 80Mb at $919

If you can share any knowledge/experience on the above drives, please send me
e-mail.  Thanks.

						Jim Collymore