|Maintenance and Troubleshooting|| <<|| >>|
Considering Server Design and Configuration to Prevent Disasters
The following practices can help reduce the risk and impact of disasters:
- Install servers in adequate, safe, and secure environments.
- Avoid making a Microsoft Exchange Server computer a PDC.
- Maintain transaction log files for the directory and information stores on separate hard disks.
- Use hardware RAID Level 5 and mirroring.
- Protect servers with uninterruptible power supplies (UPS).
- Turn off circular logging.
- Document all server configurations and keep a record of changes.
- Equip servers with sufficient hard disk space to allow for recovery.
For more information about server design and configuration considerations, see Microsoft Exchange Server Concepts and Planning, or visit http://www.microsoft.com/exchange.