|Concepts and Planning|| <<|| >>|
Factors That Affect Number of Users Per Server
There isn't an explicit limit to the number of users you can configure for a server; however, there may be practical limits. This can limit the number of users on large servers, depending on:
- The amount of server storage that each user needs.
- The values of user quota limitations, if used.
- The degree to which single-instance storage of messages and attachments increases the logical storage capacity of the server.
- The extent to which personal folder files (.pst files) are used.
- The number of rules, views, and other customized configurations defined by users on the server.
There may also be practical limitations dictated by the time it takes to back up a large server.