|Concepts and Planning|| <<|| >>|
You need to configure how the Microsoft Exchange Server MTA transfers information to and from the MTA in a foreign system with these options:
- Route messages. This option controls message transmission through the connected X.400 system, based on the recipient address.
- Restrict user access to the connection. This option prevents certain users from sending messages.
- Control when the MTA connects and transfers messages. You can choose between scheduled, continuous, remote-initiated, and suspended connections.
- Control how the MTA transfers messages to other MTAs after a connection is established. You can choose between two-way or one-way transfer, and whether the sending or receiving MTA initiates connections.
- Override MTA options, such as time limits for urgent message transmission.
In a typical setup, configure the two connected MTAs identically.