Read Message Command Replacement PPE(s) Code by ]\/[’väēi€k Graphics by ]\/[’väēi€k/œ€Ć“/Panacea Version 1.00 Disclaimer ĶĶÄÄÄÄÄłś. This PPE is released under the FREEWARE concept. It may be used in any way you wish! Slice it, dice it, decompile it... Whatever you want. HOWEVER, I assume NO responsibility for anything that happens. I offer NO guarantees of any kind! It's yours, it's free, use it how ever you see fit! ** WARNING ** This is NOT a completed version, and may contain bugs. Use at your own risk! Although the wost that it is likely to happen is not work! ;) About/Purpose ĶĶÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄłś. Why 5 PPE's for a R command replacement? Because CDC has been unwilling to listen to my requests... Mainly the fact that I want a CONFIGUREABLE MESSAGE HEADER! (See READHDR) Am I not making myself clear? The default message header STINKS! Anyway, this rather large set of PPE's fixes that, and some other message base over-sights. Advantages of these PPE's ĶĶÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄłś. Your message base will look awesome! EVERY PCBoard sysop that has called my board says this, "Gimme that message config thing! It's awesome!" Solves all problems with users being blinded by the old, ugly message header! Has an awesome address book! For both users and sysop! :) Some nice features, such as use of @ codes for configurablity, integration with my up-coming quote/message dresser. The quote char "Ć" (or in your case) "->" is colored special. Ohhh, how nice! :) Disadvantages of these PPE's ĶĶÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄłś. Compiled with PPLC 3.30 (BETA) they WILL slow your system down increadably! Also, you'll have to have PCBoard 15.3+ to run 'em. Doh! Your will loose LOTS of the nice features of PCBoard message system. The code for READ.PPE alone is 500+ lines, and it only supports commands: R A: Read All R Y: Read Your R L: Read Last This PPE has been SO requested though, that I'm releasing it anyway. Known Bugs ĶĶÄÄÄÄÄłś. I know, releasing PPE's with known bugs... Shame Shame! It's not my style, but then, you guys kept bugging me to release it, so there! Okay, one, it doesn't update the READ status after a user reads his mail. So, it will always display "READ: NO" for that fact. I will fix this once I start reading/writing directly to MSGS and MSGS.IDX. Until then, live with it! :) This version uses MsgToFile to read mail. (It's slow, I know) I think it's getting stack errors after reading, replying, reading, replying, ect.. and this is due to it calling the message editor, and then reloading READ.PPE from CALLED.PPE. However, this HAS to be done, in order for it to work correctly! ;( Otherwise, as soon as you reply, it throws you at the main menu, making you have to hit R A again! ugh... this header would be SO easy to have fixed in the accually code of PCBoard!!!!!!!!!!! Several cosmetic things (like the saving message prompt/message number printing out of turn) that I have NO control over. Unfortunatly, another problem I cannot control on a PPE programming level. Installation/Configuration ĶĶÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄłś. Preface: If you are connected to the internet, or fidonet, STOP here! This PPE has NOT been tested under such enviroments, and will most likely stuff wrong text! Mainly when it comes to message input, ie, to/subject/security. It will stuff incorrect information, and will cause it to malfunction. I think? ;) If you are dareing, try it anyways, OR, complain to CDC and tell them you want a configurable message header, and you want it NOW! 1. Goto PCBSETUP, Type BB and go down to CMD.LST and press F2. Add these 3 new entrys: CMD.LST Editor Charges Per PPE/MNU File Specification -or- Command Sec Minute Use Keystroke Substitution ĶĶĶĶĶĶĶĶĶĶĶĶĶĶ ĶĶĶ ĶĶĶĶĶĶĶĶĶĶĶĶĶĶĶĶĶ ĶĶĶĶĶĶĶĶĶĶĶĶĶĶĶĶĶĶĶĶĶĶĶĶĶĶĶĶĶĶĶĶĶ XX) E 0 0 0 C:\PCB\PPE\READ\ENTER.PPE XX) R 0 0 0 C:\PCB\PPE\READ\READ.PPE XX) BOOK 0 0 0 C:\PCB\PPE\READ\BOOK.PPE ĄÄÄÄÄÄÄĀÄÄÄÄÄÄÄŁ Full drive and path to the PPE's ÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄŁ 2. Edit READ.CFG, which contains 4 configurable lines. Descriptions are in READ.CFG. 3. Run INSTALL.BAT to complete the installation. Make sure you run it from the directory the PPE resides in. Example: INSTALL C:\PCB\PCBTEXT C:\PCB\PPE\READ ĄÄÄÄÄÄĀÄÄÄÄÄÄŁ ĄÄÄÄÄÄÄĀÄÄÄÄÄÄŁ ³ ĄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄ Full drive and path to the PPE's ĄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄ Name of PCBTEXT file to modify 4. That _SHOULD_ be it, if you have problems please e-mail me at: maverick@phcc.org I will reply asap. Hope it worked! ;) Future/Support ĶĶÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄłś. This list is HUGE. Of course if CDC would do the message header themselves, I'll be happy! :) Also if I get any requests for addition/changes, I'll be glad to consider them! Support is available via Thä Né-N’Mä įįS (703)323-6838, So call it! :) e-mail: maverick@phcc.org us mail: The No-Name BBS P.O. Box 12443 Burke, Va 22009-2443 Greetz ĶĶÄłś. Greetz go to: Panacea/[Deco] - For the ANSI screens! (which I changed! ) Chicken/ECR - Your decompiler showed me how to code, And how NOT to code! Lone Runner/AEGIS - Your decompiler is better(Sorry Chicken), Keep up the work! Waiting for the 3.30 format decompiler! PLEASE PLEASE! Distro Sites ĶĶÄÄÄÄÄÄÄłś. Ś-Äæ .-Ä-ÄÄ--ÄÄ-ÄÄ-ÄÄ-ÄÄÄÄ-ÄÄ-ÄÄ-ÄÄÄÄÄÄÄ-ÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄ-ÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄ-ÄÄÄÄÄÄ-ÄÄ--ł. Ż System Name : System Operator : Phone Number : Baud : Nodes Ž \ł-ÄÄ-ÄÄÄÄÄ-ÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄ-ÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄ-ÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄ-ÄÄ-ÄÄ-ÄÄÄÄ-ÄÄ-ÄÄ-ÄÄ--ÄÄ-Ä--/ : Thä Né-N’Mä įįS : Maverick : [703] 323-6838 : 28.8 : 2 : .-Ä-ÄÄ--ÄÄ-ÄÄ-ÄÄ-ÄÄÄÄ-ÄÄ-ÄÄ-ÄÄÄÄÄÄÄ-ÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄ-ÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄ-ÄÄÄÄÄÄ-ÄÄ--ł. Ś-Äæ .-Ä-ÄÄ--ÄÄ-ÄÄ-ÄÄ-ÄÄÄÄ-ÄÄ-ÄÄ-ÄÄÄÄÄÄÄ-ÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄ-ÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄ-ÄÄÄÄÄÄ-ÄÄ--ł. Ż System Name : System Operator : Phone Number : Baud : Nodes Ž \ł-ÄÄ-ÄÄÄÄÄ-ÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄ-ÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄ-ÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄ-ÄÄ-ÄÄ-ÄÄÄÄ-ÄÄ-ÄÄ-ÄÄ--ÄÄ-Ä--/ : !SiLvEr SaBeR! : Synthetical Destroyer : [954] 389-7006 : 28.8 : 1 : : Torment : Jimmy Hoffa : [301] XxX-xXxX : 28.8 : 1 : : aPPLY NoW! : YouR NaMe HeRe! : [XxX] XxX-xXxX : 14.4+ : XX : .-Ä-ÄÄ--ÄÄ-ÄÄ-ÄÄ-ÄÄÄÄ-ÄÄ-ÄÄ-ÄÄÄÄÄÄÄ-ÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄ-ÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄ-ÄÄÄÄÄÄ-ÄÄ--ł. To apply to be an ANTi-X distro/member board, call The No-Name BBS, and leave a message to Leech explaining why you wish to be a distro, and he will get back to you as soon as possiable. Don't forget to mention what your board has to offer! (ie. # nodes, # users, 0-? warez, ect) Must be able to call The No-Name BBS atleast once a month or so to download the latest files! .-Ä-ÄÄ--ÄÄ-ÄÄ-ÄÄ-ÄÄÄÄ-ÄÄ-ÄÄ-ÄÄÄÄÄÄÄ-ÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄ-ÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄ-ÄÄÄÄÄÄ-ÄÄ--ł. Ż Damn this doc is huge..... Ack! Oh, well... Have fun with it! Ž \ł-ÄÄ-ÄÄÄÄÄ-ÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄ-ÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄ-ÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄ-ÄÄ-ÄÄ-ÄÄÄÄ-ÄÄ-ÄÄ-ÄÄ--ÄÄ-Ä--/