MODEM STATS v1.04 Netmail 2:443/777 E-Mail coole@compura.com ------------------------------------------------------------------------- NOTE TO USERS: This Utility is not supported by Diamond Multimedia Communications Division or any of its Departments. The Author also takes no responsibility for any problems that might incur when using MODSTATS. Any support/help please Email or Netmail the Author. ------------------------------------------------------------------------- MODEM STATS is a "re-written" STGEN for ALL Modems. MODEM STATS consists of a single DOS Executable file, called via a batch file, with passed parameters ,one environment variable, and a small configuration file Command line options for MODSTATS.EXE are as follows: Usage: MODSTATS Port: Comm or Fossil port number, or Decimal Base Address Irq: 1-15, or 0 for Default Node: BBS Node Number, or 0 if Single-Node Esc Char: 0-127 Matching Modem S2 register, or 256=DTR Toggle Fossil: 0=no Fossil, 1=use Fossil MODTMP: Path for Modem Report File (Modstats.txt) Enviroment variable: MODTMP=Path/directory for report file ie SET MODTMP=E:\RA\TXTFILES The filename of the report file is: modemrpt.txt -------------------------------------------------------------------------- SETUP EXAMPLE: Here is an example of the DOOR batch file used for testing on my RemoteAccess system. This batch file is hard-coded for COM2, IRQ3, node 1, DTR switching, FOSSIL enabled. You obviously need to change all of these for your own system setup, making use of environment variables and/or passed parameters where needed. (Like the node number on multi-node systems.) /* @echo off del e:\ra\txtfiles\modstats.* (deletes and old reports first) SET MODTMP=E:\RA\TXTFILES\ (sets the directory for the report) MODSTATS 2 3 1 43 1 (com2, irq3, node1, esc char 43 (+), use fossil) */ -------------------------------------------------------------------- MODSTATS.CFG file ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ /* ATI103I3I7\S%Q1%Q2 ATO 5 18 # ========================================================================== # Modem Stats Config File. # ========================================================================== # # NOTE: # # Please use the first 2 lines of this file ONLY to put your AT # Commands into. there is no need for carriage returns. ie etc # # Line 1: Diagnostic AT commands. These will differ from Modem to Modem # Line 2: AT Command to go from "Command Mode" back to "Online state" # 2nd line is usually ATO or, ATO1 to Retrain before "Online state" # Line 3: SleepTime. This is used for when the ATO1 (and ONLY ATO1) command # is used for Retraining the modem back to online modem. Some modems # differ in the time needed when retraining takes place. If you # experience drop carriers when using ATO1 (on the 2nd line) then # increase the "Sleeptime"(Default 5secs) (SupraFaxmodems may need 6) # Line 4: Lines per screen. this allows the sysop to adjust the amount of # lines shown to the user before the next More? [Y/n] prompt. # # ========================================================================== # End of File # ========================================================================== */ -------------------------------------------------------------------- Using MODSTATS.EXE with RemoteAccess ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ This is an example of my system. yours may differ slightly but most BBS software should be able to adapt this MODSTATS for use with other BBS software. 1. Put the all files into your RA directory. 2. make a entry in your menu where you want to called MODSTATS from. like so.. 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 123456789012345678901234567890123456789012345678901234567890123456789012345 ; *C /C e:\ra\modem.bat *M Action Execute sub-program (Type 7) Display OptData HotKey M AutoExec No Colour Colour example MinSec 0 TimeUsed 0 FlatCost 0 MaxSec 0 TimeLeft 0 TimeCost 0 A flags -------- Age 0 Terminal Any B flags -------- MinSpeed 0 Nodes C flags -------- MaxSpeed 0 Groups D flags -------- Credit 0 DayTimes Well thats about it.. The MODSTATS.TXT file shows what the report could look like. ------------------------------------------------------------------------- MODSTART.TXT ~~~~~~~~~~~~ This file is called before any command is sent to the modem. Copy this file into the same directory as MODSTATS.EXE You can add you own advert etc into this if you like. Keep it under 23 line for best results. If you don't want any advert then just delete the file. ------------------------------------------------------------------------- My thanks go to all users that tested this program to the full on my BBS. Also many thanks to the author of: STGEN V1.08 - 12/30/95 Written by Joseph C. Frankiewicz The Majestik Moose BBS 708-843-2871 and a really big thanks to Steven Millar for all his help [EOF]