ÚÛÛÛÛÛÛ ÚÛÛÛÛÛÛÛ ÚÛÛÛÛÛÛÛÛÛÛ ÚÛÛÛÛÛÛ ÚÛÛÛÛÛÛÛ ³ÛÛÛ¿ÛÛÛ ³ÛÛÛ¿ÛÛÛ ³ÛÛÛ¿ÛÛ¿ÛÛÛ ³ÛÛÛÄÄÙ ³ÛÛÜÜÜÜ ³ÛÛÛ³ÛÛÛ ³ÛÛÛÛÛÛÛ ³ÛÛÛ³ÛÛ³ÛÛÛ ³ÛÛÛÛÛ ³ÛÛßßßß ³ÛÛÛ³ÛÛÛ ³ÛÛÛ¿ÛÛÛ ³ÛÛÛ³ÛÛ³ÛÛÛ ³ÛÛÛÄÙ ³ÛÛÛÛÛÛÛ ³ÛÛÛ³ÛÛÛ ³ÛÛÛ³ÛÛÛ ³ÛÛÛ³ÛÛ³ÛÛÛ ³ÛÛÛÛÛÛ ÀÄÄÄÄÄÄÙ ÀÄÄÙÀÄÄÙ ÀÄÄÙÀÄÄÙ ÀÄÄÙÀÄÙÀÄÄÙ ÀÄÄÄÄÄÙ eName v1.01 FREEWARE Copyright 1995 Duke Engineering All Rights Reserved Worldwide January 11, 1995 Duke Engineering 4130 La Jolla Village Drive Suite 107-169 La Jolla, CA 92037 USA WHAT IT IS ÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜ þ Allows a Sysop of PCBoard (using its UUCP capabilities) to tell their callers what their full Internet email address is. For example, if the caller's name is "Junior Seau" and the Sysop's Internet domain is chargers.com, it will translate to a personal Internet address of "junior.seau@chargers.com". þ It's free þ You get the source code þ It's configurable via an ENAME.INI file þ What else could you want? :) BACKGROUND ÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜ After putting my PCBoard 15.2 on-line the other day with UUCP (Internet email and Usenet news), I had a need to inform my subscribers of their Internet email address so they could tell their friends and family. I could not find a way to do this that was correct. So, I wrote my own to conform to the RFC1137 specifications for email addressing. I'm only hoping that Clark Development has followed those same specifications within PCBoard. eName v1.01 is FREEWARE. This means you don't have to send me money, postcards or food. If you do use it and like it, please drop me a message so I can see how far this thing travelled in CyberSpace. To contact me, please see below, "How to Contact the Author". INSTALLATION & HOW TO USE IT ÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜ Step 1: Unzip the distribution archive to its own directory, such as C:\PCB\PPE\ENAME Step 2: Edit ENAME.INI Edit the enclosed file, ENAME.INI, which came with the distribution archive. There is complete instructions within this file, but they will be covered here as well. Step 3: Point to ENAME.PPE Once you are happy with the contents of ENAME.INI, just point to the ENAME.PPE wherever and whenever you want. This can be from a prompt, or any display screen. At Online Resource, I put it in the conference intro file for my email conference. Use the following text as an example when doing this: !c:\pcb\ppe\ename\ename.ppe MODIFYING THE ENAME.INI FILE ÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜ Here is a sample ENAME.INI: ÚÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄ¿ ³ @X0A ³ ³ @X02 ³ ³ @X0BYour email name is: ³ ³ @X0B, @FIRST@! ³ ³ Yes ³ ÀÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÙ Line 1: Color for user's name (john.doe). Use PCBoard @X color codes. Line 2: Color for domain name (@foobar.com). Use PCBoard @X color codes. Line 3: String to put in front of completed address (or leave blank) NOTE: A space will be placed after this string by default. Line 4: String to put after completed address (or leave blank) Line 5: Whether or not to force name to lower case. Put either YES or NO NOTE: This is NOT case sensitive HOW TO CONTACT THE AUTHOR ÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜ If you have any questions, you can write to, or leave email to "Chris Duke" at Online Resource. Ideas and suggestions are welcome. Online Resource .............. (619) 793-8360 v.34 Email ........................ chris.duke@olr.com FidoNet ...................... Chris Duke@1:202/238 Address ...................... Duke Engineering 4130 La Jolla Village Drive Suite 107-169 La Jolla, CA 92037-1480 USA PRODUCTS BY THE AUTHOR ÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜ Robo User Investigator (RUI).............. Utility for Robo-Board PRO/PLUS Robo Call Info (RCI)...................... Utility for Robo-Board PRO/PLUS Ico2FX Icon Converter..................... Utility for RoboBOARD/FX Robo Icon Manager (RIM)................... Utility for RoboBOARD/FX GraphFX Statistics Utility................ Utility for RoboBOARD/FX RoboROBOT Auto Message Utility............ Utility for RoboBOARD/FX RoboUTIL: RoboDOCTOR...................... Utility for RoboBOARD/FX RoboUTIL: RoboFILE........................ Utility for RoboBOARD/FX RoboUTIL: RoboIMPORT...................... Utility for RoboBOARD/FX RoboUTIL: RoboGLOBAL...................... Utility for RoboBOARD/FX RoboUTIL: RoboREPORT...................... Utility for RoboBOARD/FX RoboUTIL: RoboCD.......................... Utility for RoboBOARD/FX eName: Converts names to email addresses.. PPE for PCBoard Thanks for using eName! REVISION HISTORY ÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜ 1.01 (01/11/95) Revised program to use internal information from PCBOARD.DAT for easier setup. Now, lines 1 and 4 (domain & separator, respectively) can be deleted. For updated changes to ENAME.INI, please see new ENAME.INI. 1.00 (01/09/95) Initial Release