ßÛßßÜ Û ÛßßßßßÛ Üß ÜßßßßßÜ ßÛßßÜ ÜßßßÜ ßÛßßÜ Û Û Û Üß Üß ß Üß Û Û Û Û Û Û Û Û Üß Üß Üß ßßßß ßÛßßß Û ßÛßßßÛ Û Û Û Üß Ü Üß Üß Ü Û Û Û Û ÜßÜÜÜß ßÜ ßßßßßßß ßßßßßßß ß ßÜÜÜÜß ß ßßß DIZ/2 PCB (C)opyright 1993, written by Shawn Reimerdes FILE_ID.DIZ eXtractor for PCBoard $5 Shareware ÚÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄ¿ ³° Brief Features °°°°°°°°°°°°°°°³ ÀÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÙ þ FILE_ID.DIZ Inserting. þ Supported Archievers: ZIP, ARJ, LZH, PAK. þ GIF Files! þ Local DOS command line uploading to a dir file. þ Logs processing info to PCBoard's caller log. þ Creates archive comments with file information. þ Configurable "diz plus". þ Deletes BBSAds quickly. þ Searches DIZ for unwanted lines. þ 'Uploaded by:' editing. ÚÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄ¿ ³° Introduction °°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°³ ÀÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÙ The reason I wrote this was because there are NO good DIZ inserting utilities out for PCBoard. The only ones that are around screw with the DIZ, for example PCBDESC wordwraps everything :(, so this utility leaves the DIZ as-is. DIZ/2-PCB is a command line utility for PCBoard. It scans an uploaded archive for a file named "FILE_ID.DIZ" and if found, uses the text to replace any description typed by the user and also adds: # of files, oldest and newest file dates, uncompressed size. It also handles local uploads and will post a file with a DIZ that was intended to be private as a private file with a DIZ. I recommend that you use the most current versions of your achiving utilities. If you want an achive type added in the current support, leave me a message and I'll add it for ya. DIZ/2-PCB will remove BBSAds as well. Since its already looking to see if a DIZ is there why not check for BBSAds as well? I highly suggest using this feature, its surprisingly fast. If any of the ads you listed were found it runs pkzip to delete them. þ Archivers Supported: ZIP, ARJ, LZH, PAK. Tested with: Pkzip v2.04x, Arj v2.x, Lharc v2.x, Pak v2.51. ÚÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄ¿ ³° Samples °°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°³ ÀÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÙ description: | DIZ/2-PCB v1.00 of 06.15.93 - PCBoard utility to | extract FILE_ID.DIZ in ZIP/ARJ/LZH/PAK files, | adds the # of files, newest/oldest file dates | and the uncompressed size. Local Uploading. | Removes unwanted BBSAds, archive comment | generator. The fastest and most powerful | processor out! Shareware by Shawn Reimerdes. | Files: 10 New: 06.03.93 Old: 06.20.93 í DIZ | Uncompressed Size: 34,820 bytes -or- | Beautiful picture of the MDMA molecule | GIF87a: 640x480x256 caller log: ************************************************************** 02-25-93 (23:15) (2) JOHN SMITH (16800E) (G) NEW YORK, NY Connect type: CONNECT 16800/ARQ/HST/HST/V42BIS Directory Scan for (930221) ... (Ctrl-K) aborts DIZ/2 v1.05 of 2.25.92 by Shawn Reimerdes þ Processing file: filename1.zip - Files: 7 New: 02.26.93 Old: 01.21.93 - FILE_ID.DIZ found. û BBSAd: (CALL.ME) removed. 1 files, 1,437k bytes, 29.8 minutes, 1709.5 cps, 118 (U) FILENAME1.ZIP Completed using G T/E=0 CPS=1,707 Upload Time Credit: 10 minutes Pascal Conference Joined. Minutes Used: 38 02-25-93 (23:52) (2) JOHN SMITH Off Normally ************************************************************** exiting errorlevels: 29 = DIZ Found. 15 = Rejected File. 1 = Error. 0 = Sucessful, No DIZ found. ÚÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄ¿ ³° GIF Processing °°°°°°°°°°°°°°°³ ÀÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÙ GIF files are opened and the width, height, colors and version will be added to the dir file. The file is checked to make sure it's a valid GIF file format, if it isn't then you will be notified and it will exit with an errorlevel=15. In line 12 you can specify the minimum number of colors you will accept in a GIF file, if the checked file doesn't have enough colors then you will bee notified and it will exit with an errorlevel=15. ÚÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄ¿ ³° How to use properly °°°°°°°°°°³ ÀÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÙ Sample line from PCBTEST.BAT: diz-2pcb c:\diz2pcb\diz-2pcb.cnf %1 %3 ^ ^ | | filename path/name fdesc Dos command line for LOCAL uploading. If file doesn't contain FILE_ID.DIZ, then you will be asked to enter a description. You can alos have your new description then zipped into the file. diz-pcb2 diz-2pcb.cnf filename.zip c:\pcb\gen\uplddir /L ^ ^ ^ | | | filename directory to post file Indicates local [LOCAL.BAT] @echo off SET PCBDAT=C:\PCB1\PCBOARD.DAT diz-2pcb diz-2pcb.cnf %1 c:\pcb\files\upld. /L Note: (Check batch files included with this package) ÚÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄ¿ ³° Archive Comment °°°°°°°°°°°°°°³ ÀÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÙ If you have a registered version of DIZ/2-PCB you will be able to create a file that will contain variables to be translated, so that you can use it as the comment for your archived file. Simply create a textfile (path/name in config) any variables from the list below will be translated and a new textfile will be created with values in place of the %'s. After the program is done you can execute a program to add a the newly created comment into the archive. variables: %a - archive type %d - system date %n - newest filedate %o - oldest filedate %r - compression ratio %s - size of file %t - system time %v - DIZ/2PCB version %# - number of files %1 - filename %2 - FILE_ID.DIZ description (if found) %3 - node number example: °±² Filename: %1 - %a °±² Uploaded on %d at %t to A Clockwork Orange BBS °±² Files: %# Newest: %n Oldest: %o Size: %s °±² %2 °±² þ Via DIZ/2-PCB %v ÚÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄ¿ ³° External Diz Plus °°°°°°°°°°°°³ ÀÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÙ If you want to change the look of the: | Files: New: Old: í DIZ | Uncompressed Size: bytes Make a file as defined in the config anyway you like and use the macros listed below to fill in the correct information. If you do use it you should turn off the standard two lines it normally adds. %a - archive type %u - uncompressed size %i - if diz found "í DIZ" %d - system date %t - system time %r - compression ratio %# - number of files %n - newest file date %o - oldest file date %v - diz/2-pcb version number %3 - node number %^ - beginning of line %~ - end of line example: %^³Files: %# Newest: %n Oldest: %o%i%~ %^³Uncompressed Size: %u Node %3%~ ÚÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄ¿ ³° DIZ-2PCB.SEA °°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°³ ÀÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÙ - DIZ/2-PCB Search, Compare, and Destroy DIZ database - This file contains lines of text that you do not want to appear in your PCBoard upload descriptions. You can enter words, letters, characters, anything you like, it will search for that string and delete it if found. All deleted text is logged to your caller logs. Example: DIZ-2PCB.SEA ------------- Stolen from bob's BBS! Now the DIZ will be searched for this line both being compared in uppercase, if found that will not appear in your description. Enter a path/name on line 9 of your config file to make it work. ÚÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄ¿ ³° ULBY Database °°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°³ ÀÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÙ The ULBY Database has a simple idea, to let users change the way their name appears when they upload a file. Download ULBYE###.ZIP and take a look at that. Line #11 in the config file is the path and name of that database file that ULBY.PPE will let your users edit. You can create/edit this file yourself without ULBY.PPE. The format is simple: ... [NAME] [Changed Name] SHAWN REIMERDES -* Shawn Reimerdes *- BOBBY A. JONES Bob Jones ... IMPORTANT: If you do use this remember to turn off the option in PCBSETUP that says "Add 'Uploaded by:' to new uploads?". That MUST be NO! ÚÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄ¿ ³° DIZ-2PCB.CNF °°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°³ ÀÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÙ Example: 000000 YES YES YES C:\DIZ2PCB\ADS.LST NONE NONE YES NONE @X0AUploaded by: [@X0F%1@X0A] C:\PCB\PPE\ULBY.DAT 256 ----------- Line 1 - Registration #. Line 2 - add "Files: X Old: XX.XX.XX New: XX.XX.XX" line? (YES/NO) Line 3 - add "Uncompressed Size: X bytes" line? (YES/NO) Line 4 - Delete BBSAds from achive? Line 5 - Path/Name of BBSAds List that need removal. The list should be a list of filenames. One filename per line. FUCKBBS.AD -------*.* CALLME.* THEBBS.TXT DIZ-2 will check these filenames with the ZIP achive its checking and if found will run PKZIP to delete them. Very Fast. *Line 6 - Path/Name of archive comment to be translated. NONE=off. The newly created file will be the same name but the extension will be .@@@ (ex: DIZ2-COM.TXT => DIZ2-COM.@@@) Line 7 - Path/Name of external diz plus (see docs). NONE=off Line 8 - Add "uploaded by:" when doing local uploads? Line 9 - Path/Name DIZ Search Text file. NONE=OFF Line 10- "Uploaded by:" string replacement. NONE=OFF Line 11- Path/Name of ULBY Edit's Database file. NONE=OFF Line 12- Minimum acceptable Colors for GIF files. 0=ALL *=Registered feature ÚÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄ¿ ³° Author's Notes °°°°°°°°°°°°°°°³ ÀÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÙ I'll be releasing any new versions when time allows, if there are requests those features will be added as soon as possible. If there's any confusion about this product (because of my horrible docs) or any questions/problems - you can leave me mail on Salt Air BBS. In the fall of 1994 I will be attending San Francisco State Univ, I will continue support work while there and hopefully have an internet account. I'm looking for a job, so if you're in that area and can help me out please leave me mail. Thanks for your support and pass the word on, -- Shawn Reimerdes.