ÚÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄ¿ ³ [CUFE] Custom User File Editor PPE [CUFE] ³ ÀÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÙ Custom User File Editor PPE (c) 1993-94 by Midnight Slasher Version: 1.20 Standard / Freeware - 05/20/94 - ÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄ ÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄ ÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄ [ FILES INCLUDED ] úúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúú ÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄ CUFE.COL úúúúú The Color Configuration File (optional) CUFE.DAT úúúúú The Security Level Configuration File CUFE.DOC úúúúú Documentation and Installation Guide CUFE.HST úúúúú The Revison History/Whats.New File CUFE.PPE úúúúú The User File Editor PPE CUFE.PS1 úúúúú The Conference Flag Changes for the [*] PreSet #1 key (opt) CUFE.PS2 úúúúú The Conference Flag Changes for the [&] PreSet #2 key (opt) CUFE.PS3 úúúúú The Conference Flag Changes for the [%] PreSet #3 key (opt) CUFE.USR úúúúú The List of Users allowed to Access the Editor (optional) FILE_ID.DIZ úú Description Identification File ÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄ ÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄ [ PROGRAM SUMMARY ] úúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúú ÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄ This PPE (*PCBoard Programming Language Executable*) installs as an addition to your CMD.LST file (and/or as a function key ..). PCBoard v15.1+ is required to run this program. Its purpose is to add a User File Editor that is accessable from PCBoard itself. It can be helpful to those SysOps who call their board remotely (or have remote operators) or just to those who don't want to shell and run PCBSM to change a certain item in another users' record. It offers 3 Pre-Set account setups that you can use to validate/lockout/upgrade to sysop level or alter to whatever your specific needs may be. The Pre-Set levels change the users' security level AND automatically set their conference setups (the RXSC flags) depending on how you initially setup the pre-set levels. All PSAs are accessable in the editor. It has many features, and the best way to find out if the program would be useful to you is to try it out. ÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄ ÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄ [ INSTALLATION ] úúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúú ÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄ 1. Load PCBSETUP 2. Press B ( File Locations ) 3. Press B ( Configuration Files ) 4. Edit CMD.LST ( Press F2 at the CMD.LST File ) Command Security PPE ------- -------- ------------------ Ú- EDIT ## DRIVE:\PATH\CUFE.PPE ÚÄÅ- USEREDIT ## C:\PCB\PPE\CUFE.PPE ³ À- CUFE ## C:\PCB\PPE\CUFE.PPE ³ À Use whatever command you like .. Set the security level high enough that the average user can not access it. If you wish to set it to a low security level but only want certain users accessing it, use the CUFE.USR file that is explained later in this file. You can also set it up as a function key in PCBSETUP under - G - H - and then setting it up with the !DRIVE:\PATH\CUFE.PPE command line. 5. Copy the CUFE.* file(s) to the SAME directory as CUFE.PPE 6. Edit the CUFE.* file(s) in a text editor for your board configuration and any color preferences. ÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄ ÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄ [ MAIN KEYS ] úúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúú ÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄ []] - Jump Up 1 User [[] - Jump Down 1 User [}] - Jump Up 10 Users [{] - Jump Down 10 Users [>] - Jump Up the Config'd # of Users [<] - Jump Down the Config'd # [*] - Change Security Level to that of the PreSet #1 Level and perform .PS1 [&] - Change Security Level to that of the PreSet #2 Level and perform .PS2 [%] - Change Security Level to that of the PreSet #3 Level and perform .PS3 [-] - Jump to User #1 [+] - Jump to the Last User in the User File [#] - Jump to a definable user number [@] - Jump to a definable user name [$] - List [A]ll Users, OR by a definable security level. [~] - Redraw the screen ÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄ [ EXTERNAL FILES ] úúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúú ÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄ NOTE: You can delete all the files EXCEPT CUFE.PPE and CUFE.DAT. These are the only necessary files. CUFE.DAT = Allows you to setup the specific security levels for the 3 Pre-Set Levels as well as other options used in the program. (the config'd number of users to jump with the <,> keys). CUFE.COL = The color configuration file. Instructions are contained within the example file that comes with the program. You can delete it if you wish to use the built in defaults. CUFE.USR = The User's Allowed to Access the Program. If you set the PPE up at a security level that many users have, but you don't want them all accessing the editor, you can simply put the User Names (one to a line) in this text file and only those people in the file can access the editor. Delete this file if you just want to limit the program usage to the security level you have it set at. CUFE.PS1 = The Conference Configuration Setup File for [*] PreSet #1 Key PS2 = The Conference Configuration Setup File for [&] PreSet #2 Key PS3 = The Conference Configuration Setup File for [%] PreSet #3 Key Many boards have specific security levels and setups used for the standard validated user or users of other security levels. In these files, you can configure the conference flags for any conference you want configured when you hit the appropriate Pre-Set key when in a certain users' record. (awk) Anyhow, here is an example of what I'm trying to say: Lets say you have configured the Pre-Set #1 User to be level 30. When you hit the [*] key, that specific user will have their security level changed to 30. IF the CUFE.PS1 file exists, the program will also look in that file for conference configuration. If the CUFE.PS1 file looked like: ---------------------- 1-10,RXS 11,S 12-200,RXs 201-250,rxsc ---------------------- The user would ALSO have their conference information changed. Conferences 1 to 10 would have the RXS flag set on. If the user had the "C" flag, it remains unchanged. If they didn't have the "C" flag, they still don't. Conference 11 would have the S flag set on. All others remain unchanged. Conferences 12 to 200 would have the "RX" flags set and the "S" flag forced off. Conferences 201 to 250 would have ALL flags removed (if any were on) NOTE: the COMMA must exist. Make sure nothing else is in the file, all lines must follow that specific pattern. The same holds true for the .PS2 and .PS3 files. Basically, there are four flags per conference. RXSC. R = Registered in Conf X = Registered in Conf when Expired S = Conference is selected in Scans C = SysOp access when in the conference. You can force the flag ON by putting it in capitals as described above, and you can force the flag OFF by putting the flag in lower case as described above. Any flag not included in the configuration will remain unchanged. This should make validating users much easier, etc. ÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄ [ RANDOM PROGRAMMING NOTES ] úúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúú ÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄ I don't have a heck of a lot of time to write docs, I just try and get the point across, besides which, not many people actually read docs (I know I don't). I personally feel the program is relatively easy to figure out if you look at the default setup files included in this archive. Here are some extra notes concerning this editor program: o Any functions that are not hi-lighted (have the key the same color as the bracket) are currently not editable. Although many functions can be edited, they are not directly supported in the current PPL version. I thought I'd just wait for the next version and then allow them to be edited rather than fiddling with things and taking the 'long way' of editing certain functions. o Most keys allow input of all characters. Some require specific "Y" or "N" responses, while others require a "S" or "L" response (Short or Long message headers) Etc. If you play with it, I'm sure you'll figure it out, I try to be semi-logical ... :) o Pressing 1-5 will change the PSA that is currently displayed. Not all are editable. If you don't have a certain PSA installed in your user file and attempt to press the attached key, nothing will happen. o As you can probably tell, I ran low on allowable keys (A-Z, 1-9, etc). I used the "]" and "}" keys to scroll through the file since the "}" key is the shifted "]" key and I found it easy to use. I didn't want to force the arrow keys, since that would force remote users to use a doorway mode (which I didn't really want to do). The arrow keys and PAGE-UP/DN keys *do* work to scroll 1 or 10 up/down, but aren't necessary. o You can probably also tell that I was running low on available screen room. (23 Lines on a SysOp screen) There is only one other key that isn't listed that you should be aware of: the [~] key just redraws the screen if it ever gets screwed up. o Most questions (Jump to User Record/Name etc) are displayed at the top of the screen (again: I was running out of available screen room!) o Play with it for a bit, it works well for me and once you get used to it, it becomes quite useful. (IMHO) ÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄ [ RANDOM AUTHOR NOTES ] úúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúú ÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄ In the past, I probably have not made myself as available as people would like. I wrote programs for myself, found that many people would like to try them, so I decided to release them. I've now chosen to support all my PPEs through Internet E-mail at . The Internet is by far the fastest way to transmit msgs and is the largest environment to communicate with people around the world. It also seems to be growing at an enormous rate ... I eventually read all messages in the netted PCBoard support conference (RIME and Gated Nets etc). If you have suggestions, you are welcome to leave a note in those conferences and I'll read them. You can also request UUEncoded copies of any of my PPEs through Internet E-Mail. UUEncoding means to convert a binary file (Such as a ZIP file) to a text file (lines are shortened, high-bit ascii is stripped) so you can transfer them through normal text messages. You then run a UUDecode program to convert it back to the original ZIP file. I appreciate the recognition the PPEs I've written up to this point have received. Everything I write is free for use, I expect nothing in return. o More to come ... ÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄ How to contact the author: Yell real loud, perhaps I'll hear you. or: mslasher@io.org ÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄ [EOF] úúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúú [MS] / Midnight Slasher ÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄ